Obtaining legal advice on or prior to separation will help you to plan for arrangements for your children as well as preparing for the division of property with your former partner. When you book an initial consultation with LGM Family Law, you receive the benefit of our Separation Action Plan which provides you with legal advice regarding separation and options available to you in your particular circumstances.
Our Separation Action Plan Includes
An initial confidential consultation where we obtain some details of your relationship and provide you with advice tailored to your needs, which may include advice about:
- legal consequences of separation, including time limitations that apply;
- practical things for you to consider on separation;
- arrangements for children, ways to minimise the impact of separation on children and to ensure that you have continued and meaningful time with your children post separation;
- different ways that you may make agreements concerning children;
- different options available for final and binding agreements dividing property;
- possible outcomes in your circumstances and how to maximise your prospects for:
- arrangements for children;
- interim and ongoing spousal maintenance and financial support for children;
- the division of property with your former partner;
- how assets may be identified and valued and steps that may be taken to protect assets, including for more complex property portfolios;
- where assets held in companies or trusts may form part of the property pool available for division between you and your former partner;
- documentation that you will need to provide to your former partner and which you will require from your former partner as well as steps that you may take to ensure that this documentation is preserved.
- A Settlement Plan tailored to your personal circumstances;
- Our Family Law Guide New Beginnings: Legal Matters to Consider for Your Separation or Divorce.
For more information concerning property matters on separation,read our article Practical Steps to Consider on Separation and listen to our video concerning separation which you can access under Services.
Get in Touch
We prefer to meet you in person but are happy to have a telephone consultation if this suits you. At an initial consultation, we will take some particulars from you so that we can provide you with advice about the likely outcome at family law for your particular circumstances and estimated costs if you wish to proceed further.